Tell me more about gentrification.
- I want to listen to a conversation about gentrification (Maria Cabildo, Robbie Clark, Mindy Fullilove, Derek Hyra, Rick Jacobus, Alan Mallach, and Harry Smith).
- What role does public investment play in gentrification? (Miriam Zuk and colleagues, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco).
- What does or did gentrification feel like in Washington D.C. (Derek Hyra), in Harlem (Monique Taylor), and in New Orleans and other places (Peter Moskowitz)?
Tell me more about homelessness.
Show me stories of successful policy.
- Community Land Trusts in New York (Miriam Axel-Lute for Shelterforce) and in Los Angeles (T.R.U.S.T. South LA).
- Successful community-driven responses in Los Angeles (Aaron Schrank for Marketplace), Philadelphia (Jake Blumgart for Philly Voice), and New York (Petr Stand and Yolanda Garcia, Planners' Network).
- Affordable dwelling units in Denver (Erica Meltzer for Denverite).
- Various responses in Sacramento, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Chicago (Diane Levy and her colleagues at the Urban Institute).
Let's talk about affordable housing.
- Are we having an affordable housing crisis? (Andrew Aurand and colleagues at the National Low Income Housing Coalition).
- Are our cities building fast enough? (Abundant Housing LA).
- Can you build your way out of a housing crisis, anyway? (Alan Durning for Sightline Institute).